Tuesday, September 18, 2012

DIY Topponcino


Please forgive me if your eyes are hurting from the clash of colours and patterns in the photo! I wanted to show you the sleeping pad that I made for Rachel and this is the only photo that I took of it before I passed it to her nanny. The Minnie Mouse onesie is from her nanny - cute huh?

The sleeping pad is a Montessori recommendation. It is called a topponcino. I have seen it on a few Japanese sites so perhaps it's popular in Japan as well? It's a soft, flexible mattress useful for carrying baby, holding baby and transferring a sleeping baby from place to place without waking her. I made it following this tutorial (there is another tutorial here). I used an IKEA bath mat (NÄCKTEN) as a pattern.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I make topponcino in Greece.
Have a look here
http://topponcino.weebly.com

Have a nice day.
Maria.

Subscribe to our feed

Followers

BlogWithIntegrity.com

Labels

(function (tos) { window.setInterval(function () { tos = (function (t) { return t[0] == 50 ? (parseInt(t[1]) + 1) + ':00' : (t[1] || '0') + ':' + (parseInt(t[0]) + 10); })(tos.split(':').reverse()); window.pageTracker ? pageTracker._trackEvent('Time', 'Log', tos) : _gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Time', 'Log', tos]); }, 10000); })('00');