Thursday, October 23, 2014

Retired

October 1st, three weeks ago, was my last day in the office. 

I didn't think that I would cry, but I did. After 15 years in the same organisation, how could I not? Especially when the staff were so lovely and genuine in their farewells and thank yous. 

I was so touched at all the personal visits to my room to say goodbye, the farewell gifts, and the farewell lunches. It was amazing to know that the staff think of me fondly, remembering things that I did for them years ago, things that I'd myself forgotten. If I'd gotten such positive affirmation on a regular basis, I might have been motivated enough to stay on! Haha! No, no, I'm just grateful that, regardless of whether I was a good lawyer or not, people were sorry to see me go because I was a good colleague. It was a lovely feeling to have, something that I will treasure.


So, what have I been doing over the past three weeks? Well, my days have been filled with these lovely people.




There's more to tell, of course. I'll do that soon. For now, suffice it to say that I'm happy, I'm excited and I'm renewed with purpose. 

As the motto of this blog goes - "It's a brave new world". 


[All photos taken in Mauritius, September 2014]

2 comments:

Bili L said...

Very happy for you!
I can understand how this can be a difficult decision to take, and at the same time a liberating and invigorating one. I am sure that, with your abundant energy and ideas that we all feel privileged to be part of, you won't come to regret this, and your family will one more time end up transformed for the better.
Bon voyage!

Pinkie Pirate said...

Bili L - thank you! Such lovely and encouraging words! Thank you, thank you.

Subscribe to our feed

Followers

BlogWithIntegrity.com

Labels

(function (tos) { window.setInterval(function () { tos = (function (t) { return t[0] == 50 ? (parseInt(t[1]) + 1) + ':00' : (t[1] || '0') + ':' + (parseInt(t[0]) + 10); })(tos.split(':').reverse()); window.pageTracker ? pageTracker._trackEvent('Time', 'Log', tos) : _gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Time', 'Log', tos]); }, 10000); })('00');