Friday, February 18, 2011

The last day of the Chinese New Year

My mum arrived in Singapore on Wednesday night, so we were able to spend the last day of the Chinese New Year (Thursday) together. Of course, it was food and more food!

My mum spent the afternoon in Chinatown while I went to work. My partners and I treated our team (associates and secretaries) to lunch at Si Chuan Dou Hua, which is on the 60th floor of UOB Plaza (Tower 1). The menu was quite good, but frankly speaking, after dining so well over the past 15 days, I thought there was little that could really impress me. I was therefore pleasantly surprised that, of all dishes, their yee sang (or yu sheng) was the best that I have tasted in all the restaurants I have been to over these past two weeks. They served it with fried enoki mushrooms and crispy salmon skin, aside from the usual salmon, abalone, mandarin peel, pearl onion, etc.

Usually when there is yee sang, the guests lose interest after the first small helping and have to be persuaded to take further helpings to help finish the dish. In the end, the service staff will simply transfer the remainder onto a smaller plate to make space for the next course. None of that was necessary today. Everyone was fighting to have more!

Long Spout Tea Performance
The view from the restaurant on the 60th floor of UOB Plaza 1
For dinner, we (together with my mum) went to Red House at East Coast Seafood Centre. Had a relatively simple dinner - chilli crab, roast chicken, steamed teriyaki cod and scallops with broccoli.

See the silhouettes on the upper floor at the left?
That's Richard carrying Ryan in his arms, with my mum sitting across the table.
The moon was full and it was bright and beautiful. The sky was so clear that I couldn't resist the opportunity to take some shots. Here are some of the (unedited) photos I took with my 18-105 mm lens.






Well, that's the end of Chinese New Year for this year. Let's hope that the year of the Rabbit brings good health, prosperity and happiness! Kong Hee Fatt Choy everyone!

0 comments:

Subscribe to our feed

Followers

BlogWithIntegrity.com

Labels

(function (tos) { window.setInterval(function () { tos = (function (t) { return t[0] == 50 ? (parseInt(t[1]) + 1) + ':00' : (t[1] || '0') + ':' + (parseInt(t[0]) + 10); })(tos.split(':').reverse()); window.pageTracker ? pageTracker._trackEvent('Time', 'Log', tos) : _gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Time', 'Log', tos]); }, 10000); })('00');